Recently I received the Very Inspiring Blogger Award from my friends at Chronicles of Wanderlust. Being too busy over the past weeks I didn’t find time to participate earlier, but I finally managed to sit down behind my laptop again and look into it.
The award is given by bloggers to other fellow bloggers that have inspired them in one way or another. With this award, we are encouraged to spread the love and get to know the individual behind the keyboard. Those who know how much work but also how much fun it is to be a blogger.
So thanks to Mike for the nomination. I can’t believe how I missed meeting you when I was in Vancouver a couple of months ago …
Here are the requirements for this award:
1. Thank and link to the person(s) who have nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award
3. Share seven facts about yourself
So … since I already talk about travel way too much in my life, I decided to share facts that have nothing to do with travel and that most of you probably don’t know about me:
1. I don’t drink coffee. Many people find it unbelieveable but I just don’t like it. Sure, I’ve tried, but I just can’t be bothered. I love the smell though and whenever Martijn is getting himself a coffee, I ask if I can just smell it for a second. Life without coffee is quite good. And I admit, I have a can of energy drink every now and then. Once, maybe twice a week only … my latest “addiction” is Red Bull Cranberry. Yumm!
2. I have a thing called “wintertoes”. Not sure if that’s the appropriate English name, but it means my toes get red and itchy and sometimes even painful when it’s extremely cold. It’s been keeping me awake many, many nights already this winter… there’s no cure against it btw.
3. My grandmother is younger than my father. Now go and figure out how that’s possible …
4. My actual first name is Johanna which I totally hate but am only reminded of when flying. I usually get away with using Antonette in other occasions.
5. My guilty pleasure is shopping. A girl can never have enough clothes… the recent opening of Primark in my hometown is not good for my savings, I can assure you. My sister is my biggest accomplice.
6. My second guilty pleasure is chocolate. I can eat a whole shitload of it within minutes and still want more.
7. I can touch my nose with my tongue. The most useless fact ever probably, but I couldn’t think of anything else …
The final rule is to nominate 15 other bloggers for the same award. Now this is the part that I’m not good at, so I’ll just tag 15 people whose blogs I enjoy reading, don’t feel obliged to share though. But do feel free to mention travel facts. This time, I just didn’t feel like that…
Here are my nominees:
1. Serena from Black Cat Souvenirs
2. Toccara of Forget Someday
3. Jenna of Wander the Map
4. Hannah of Eat, Sleep, Breathe Travel
5. Margherita of The Crowded Planet
6. Manouk of Bunch of Backpackers
7. Ali Blair of The Vintage Postcard
8. Lauren of Justin plus Lauren
9. Milou of Explorista.nl
10. Sofie of Wonderful Wanderings
(5 minutes later…)
I think 10 is enough. Sorry for breaking the rules but I didn’t just randomly want to tag other people and quite some other bloggers I know have already been tagged before. I’m sure you’ll forgive me.
And before I forget, you can display the award logo on the blog. Now I’m not a fan of showing off so I’m not going to do that. However you should be able to find the logo when Googling it…
Have a great Sunday everyone!
This post is a part of the Sunday Social Travel Talk series… each Sunday we’ll tell you something about a personal / private travel related topic. Go here to read the previous posts!
Thanks for sharing!